Careers - Product Designer
At Showtime Analytics we believe we can change the future of the international box office for film & cinema for the better. We’re looking for a ambitious designer to join us on that journey to help shape, grow and improve our products.
We provide a highly creative, supportive, friendly environment to tackle some of the biggest tech challenges in the global cinema industry, supported by an amazing team of highly skilled developers and product managers.
Our offices are based in Blackrock, just south of Dublin City. It’s a modern, bright, creative environment.
About the role:
You’ll be involved with the full product lifecycle, empowered to do your best work and supported by a development team who care about the design of our products.
What you will do
- Ideate, design & document UI components for our design system & component library (We use Sketch and Abstract to design and manage our artefacts)
- Our design system is an ever growing project, currently in use across all our applications. We are looking for someone who can design not just screens, but systems. If you’d be excited by championing this process to both internal and external stakeholders then you’ll fit right in
- Work with the product management team to build wireframes of new features & concepts
- Provide support to the Head of Design
- Present work to internal stakeholders with confidence to ensure key project information is shared and understood
- Constantly review existing products to identify areas potential improvement
- Be proactive, collaborative and contribute ideas to improve teamwork
- Collaborate with the product and development teams to solve complex interaction problems
- Prepare and deliver assets for developers
- Own the success or failure of your work and rigorously review the quality of shipped work
- Our design team is distributed across interdisciplinary project teams. You will be capable of working independently alongside developers and product managers as well as collaborating with the design team to ensure consistency and cohesive thinking across the entire product
- Solicit feedback often from product owners and key stakeholders
- Support other members of the design team to help everyone do their best work
- Minimum of 3+ years working in an agency or product environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain rationale of design proposals
- Excellent knowledge of standard industry design tooling; we use Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq & Abstract
- Self starter who can effectively collaborate with developers/engineers
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products
- Experience designing for any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone
Your portfolio should clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your design work. It should cover the process you applied to tackling the design challenges, rather than focusing on just visuals. Your portfolio should be well structured and clear. Your portfolio & experience should ideally focus on designing software products (UX/UI).
- A highly motivated, supportive, friendly team
- Company social events
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary cinema tickets
- Conferences & Workshops
- The ability & freedom to make a lasting, significant impact on one of the world's biggest industries
- Some of the best coffee in Dublin
- Fresh fruit & snacks
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done