Careers - UX/UI Designer
At Showtime Analytics, we believe we can change the future of the international box office for film & cinema for the better. We’re looking for an ambitious designer to join us on that journey.
We provide highly creative, supportive, friendly environment to tackle some of the biggest tech challenges in the global cinema industry, supported by an amazing team of highly skilled developers and product managers.
Our offices are based in Blackrock, just south of Dublin City and we have recently opened our new central London office.
To learn more about Showtime Analytics visit https://showtimeanalytics.com/
About this Role:
You’ll be involved with the full product lifecycle, empowered to do your best work and supported by a development team who care about the design of our products.
What you will do :
- Ideate, design & document UI components for our design system & component library
- Champion our design system to internal & external stakeholders
- Work with the product management team to build wireframes of new features & concepts
- Provide support to the Head of Design
- Use Sketch to design user interfaces
- Use Abstract for version control of designs
- Present work to internal stakeholders with confidence to ensure key project information is shared and understood
- Constantly review existing products to identify areas potential improvement
- Be proactive, collaborative and contribute ideas to improve teamwork
- Collaborate with the product and development teams to solve complex interaction problems
- Prepare and deliver assets to developers
- Own the success or failure of design work and rigorously review the quality of shipped work
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team
- Support other members of the design team to help everyone do their best work
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 3+ years working in an agency or product environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain the rationale of design proposals
- Excellent knowledge of standard industry design tooling; we use Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq & Abstract
- Self-starter who can effectively collaborate with developers/engineers
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites.
- You have helped ship products.
- Experience designing for any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone
Your portfolio should clearly outline the problems you were tackling with your design work. It should cover the process you applied to tackle the design challenges, rather than focusing on just visuals. Your portfolio should be well structured and clear. Your portfolio & experience should ideally focus on designing software products (UX/UI).
- A highly motivated, supportive, friendly team.
- Company social events.
- Competitive salary.
- Complimentary cinema tickets.
- The ability & freedom to make a lasting, significant impact on one of the world's biggest industries.
- Some of the best coffee in Dublin & London
- Fresh fruit & snacks
- Conferences & Workshops
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
About Showtime Analytics
Showtime Analytics was founded out of a combination of data experience and a love for cinema. Founders, Joe, Richie and Paul, spent a combined 30 years working in data analytics solutions before setting up the company in 2015. Cinema is in the company’s blood, Joe’s family have been in the industry for over half a century. Showtime Analytics was launched at cinemaCon 2015 and cineEurope 2015 with the introduction of the exhibition product; Insights. It was a box office hit and the team quickly grew from three friends to over thirty.
In 2016, the company welcomed two strategic partnerships to further strengthen the Showtime offering - comScore became the global sales partner bringing our products to a worldwide market and Alibaba Pictures came on board as an investor, introducing our product suite to the Chinese market. Since then, we have introduced our personalised marketing product, Engage, as well as creating a number of bespoke products for both Exhibitors and Studios.