Senior Front End Developer
We’re looking for a Senior Front End Developer who seeks a creative environment to do the best work of their career. You'll be working with an amazing team of highly motivated developers, designers and product managers seeking to make a big impact on the global cinema industry.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality, highly modular, code.
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Mentoring junior developers
- Working in a fluid team, alongside Product and UI/UX designers to deliver beautiful, highly functioning products.
- Are comfortable mentoring, guiding architecture and technology selection
- Are a strong communicator in written and spoken English
- Ability to collaborate and communicate technical details to people at all levels of the business
- Happy developing, implementing and enforcing best practices and standards
- Have experience implementing highly scalable and data-driven websites
- Stay current with technology and industry best practices to ensure that your skill set/knowledge base remains broad and current
- Have experience leading the build of large web applications
- Thorough understanding of React.js & React Redux
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorisation mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools (we use Webpack & RollupJS)
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (we use Sass/SCSS)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (we use Git)
- Familiarity with other JS Frameworks (Angular 1)
- A highly motivated, supportive, friendly team.
- Company social events.
- Competitive salary.
- Spontaneous office lightning quiz.
- Complimentary cinema tickets.
- The ability & freedom to make a lasting, significant impact on one of the world's biggest industries.
To apply for this position please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and note "Senior Front End Developer" in the subject line of your email.
Please note that we have already engaged with a recruitment agency and therefore do not require the assistance of any other agency or 3rd party placement company at this time.
About Showtime Analytics
Showtime Analytics was founded out of a combination of data experience and a love for cinema. Founders, Joe, Richie and Paul, spent a combined 30 years working in data analytics solutions before setting up the company in 2015. Cinema is in the company’s blood, Joe’s family have been in the industry for over half a century. Showtime Analytics was launched at cinemaCon 2015 and cineEurope 2015 with the introduction of the exhibition product; Insights. It was a box office hit and the team quickly grew from three friends to over thirty.
In 2016, the company welcomed two strategic partnerships to further strengthen the Showtime offering - comScore became the global sales partner bringing our products to a worldwide market and Alibaba Pictures came on board as an investor, introducing our product suite to the Chinese market. Since then, we have introduced our personalised marketing product, Engage, as well as creating a number of bespoke products for both Exhibitors and Studios.